How and why is Walk for Women’s Cancers different this year?
This year, Walk for Women’s Cancers looks different, but this doesn’t change our core purpose and mission. To encourage communities to create hope by funding lifesaving research, prevention programs and patient support services for women affected by breast and gynaecological cancers.
You can support Walk for Women’s Cancers this year by committing to walk 18km or your own distance during Saturday, 25 September to Friday, 1 October and raise funds to honour the 18 Queensland women who will lose their life to cancer each week.
Although government restrictions are lifting, social distancing remains in place. Cancer Council Queensland encourages every fundraiser to follow current Government advice regarding social gathering restrictions. You can stay up to date by checking the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 website at www.covid19.qld.gov.au
How much does it cost to register?
This year registration is FREE! We encourage you to fundraise to raise funds for women’s cancer.
When and where is Walk for Women’s Cancers?
Walk for Women’s Cancers will officially take place the week of Saturday, 25 September to Friday, 1 October. However, if these dates don't suit you, you can walk anytime in September and log your kilometres through your online fundraising page.
There's no set venue for Walk for Women's Cancers. Participants are encourged to choose their own walking route in their local area. We have created a list of our team’s favourite walks across Queensland, check it out here.
Will merchandise be available for purchase?
Unfortunately, there is no merchandise available to purchase this year, however you can win free merchandise just by fundraising and reaching certain goals.
How can I get a pink tutu?
All you have to do is register to walk, raise $30 on your online fundraising page and we’ll send you one for free!
What size are the pink tutu’s?
Our tutus are adult and one size however the exact dimensions are:
Min Waistline: 60cm
Max Waistline: 120cm
What can I win?
This year we have some incredible prizes to reward our incredible fundraisers:
- Raise $30 – Receive a pink tutu, guaranteed to make you look the part!
How do I bank my cash donations?
If you receive cash donations you can donate to yourself via your fundraising dashboard, using your personal credit card and keep the cash. Simply follow these steps:
- Log In https://www.walkforwomen.org.au/
- Navigate to your personal fundraising page
- Click the ‘My Donations’ tab from the sub-menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen under your list of donations.
- Click “Add Offline Donation’ button
- Enter the donation amount and your donor’s details
- Enter your payment details
- Click ‘Donate’
Alternatively you can contact our Fundraising Team on 1300 65 65 85 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain unique banking details.
Can I still dress up and walk?
Yes of course! We encourage you to dress up in all things pink for your walk. Don’t forget if you make a self-donation of $30 or more, you’ll receive a free pink tutu in the mail to help you look the part!
Can I start recording my kilometres before September 25?
Yes! If you cannot walk during the week of 25 September to 1 October, we encourage you to log your kilometres throughout the month of September or October. For more information on how to track your kilometres click here.
I forgot my password and username
Not a problem! Click on the ‘Login’ button and you'll see a prompt if you've forgotten your details. We'll send you an email with a reminder of your username and a link to reset your password.
How do I register?
That’s great! To register for this year’s event,
- Head to the register page.
- Complete your registration details and click submit
- Personalise your page by adding your photo and updating your 'why’
- Share your fundraising page to your networks and kick start your fundraising!
How do I create a team?
To create or join a team
- Head to the register page
- Complete your registration details
- Select ‘create a team’ or ‘join a team’
Participants and donors can then search your team name to make a donation or join your team.
How do I share my online fundraising page?
One of the best ways to engage your family/friends/work colleagues is through social media. Share your ‘why’ and seek support. You can share your personal online fundraising link via social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), emails, text messages or by simply copying your online fundraising page URL link.
- Log in to your dashboard by clicking here
- Select one of the Share Icons underneath your fundraising page name to share to your social media or by email.
- You may need to login to your Facebook, Twitter or Email account to complete the share.
How can I update my fundraising page?
You can access your online fundraising page once you are logged in. To log in, click here.
Here you can personalise your page with a photo, share your 'why’ and check on your fundraising progress.
To make any of these changes, click on ‘Edit My Page’ and follow the prompts.
How can I thank my donors?
Saying thank you is so important! Let your donors know how grateful you are for their donation by using our resources.
Thank your donors via your social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), by sending them an email or an SMS. Don’t forget to tag your supporters on social media!
How do I donate to a participant?
Every penny counts! To make a donation to a participant or team;
- Head to the home page and select ‘donate’.
- If you are wanting to donate to a specific fundraiser, select the ‘Search’ button.
- Type in the person or fundraiser’s name.
- You will be taken to their online fundraising page to make a donation.
Who can I contact for more information and fundraising support?
If you have questions or need support, please contact our Fundraising Team on 1300 65 65 85 or email email@example.com and they will be happy to assist with any questions you may have.