Walk for Women’s Cancers Event Registration Disclaimer
In consideration of this registration being accepted and my being permitted to participate in the event, I agree to the following, intending to be legally bound for myself and my successors, executors and administrators:
- Cancer Council Queensland is a registered charity under the Collections Act 1966 (Qld) and with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.
- I understand and agree that I participate in the event at my own risk.
- I acknowledge the event involves a significant degree of physical exertion and the risk of physical injury and accept that Cancer Council Queensland has not undertaken an assessment of my ability to participate. I am solely responsible for my own level of fitness and personal ability to participate. I agree to consult with my medical practitioner prior to the event if I am in any doubt as to my fitness and whether to participate
- I am aware of the risks involved in participation in the event including the risk of physical injury and voluntarily agree to assume those risks.
- I agree to Cancer Council Queensland and any of its assignees or licensees from time to time using my name, image and/or performance/time in the event for any purpose (including publicity, merchandising, editorial, education and fundraising) in any country and by any form of media without qualification (e.g. newspapers, magazines, other print publications, radio and television broadcasts, websites, webinars, podcasts and vodcasts) in perpetuity.
- I agree to follow the rules, regulations and instructions of the organizers and Cancer Council Queensland.
- I understand that vehicles are parked at the owner's risk.
- I accept that the organisers and Cancer Council Queensland are not responsible for the security of my personal belongings.
- I understand that participants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian read and accept these terms and conditions of entry on their behalf.
- I understand that all participates under the age of 18 years who are walking in either the 3km or 6km walk will need an accompanying adult in the event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I waive any and all rights that I or any other person claiming through me may have, against Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents, and I release Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, actions, proceedings and demands arising in relation to any injury (including death), property damage, consequential loss and any other loss, that is suffered by me or any person claiming through me, as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by me, or my participation in the event, regardless of whether such loss arises under statute or in tort including the negligence of Cancer Council Queensland or otherwise.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I will indemnify and keep indemnified Cancer Council Queensland, its directors, employees and agents against any claim or proceeding that is made, threatened or commenced, including for consequential loss and loss of profits and including legal costs on a full indemnity basis, that Cancer Council Queensland, its employees or agents incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by me, or my participation in the event.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland and the organisers exclude all warranties or guarantees regarding the event including any warranty or guarantee that any services will be rendered with due care and skill or that any goods supplied in connection with those services will be reasonably fit for the purpose for which they are supplied. To the extent that liability for any warranty or guarantee cannot by law be excluded, then, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Cancer Council Queensland's and the organisers’ liability:
- for death, physical or mental injury or disease (including any aggravation or acceleration of such injury or disease) is entirely excluded; and
- otherwise is limited, at Cancer Council Queensland's option, to supplying the goods or services again or paying the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions are unenforceable, illegal or void, then the parties agree that the provision must be read down the minimum necessary to allow it to be enforceable whilst preserving as close as is possible the purpose of the provision. If the provision cannot be read down, it is severed and the rest of these terms and conditions remains in force.
Participants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian read and accept these terms and conditions of entry on their behalf.